Saturday, May 9, 2009

Lisa--No Peeking Either!

My sister-in-law had a birthday a week and a half ago. I still haven't sent her the present I made for her. I'm a bit behind.

Yeah yeah yeah. AND I need to do something about my photography. These were taken the same day the last ones were. I WILL improve these, I just haven't had a chance to yet.

















These are glass pebbles which I painted to spell out her name. Fortunately two of the letters are the same when reversed, so I only had to twist my brain around for the L and the S, so that they looked right from the front.

The paint just a standard acrylic paint (Reeves, actually). It took three or four coats to get the letters opaque enough, and in retrospect, I think I should have outlined them in black for clarity.
















Once they were dry, I painted the designs across the backs, and then filled the last color across the entire back of the pebble.

















I used E6000 to glue on rare earth magnets, but those were so strong they pulled each other off the backs of the pebbles. I had to go back and use regular black magnets, which will probably work better at holding paper anyway.

No comments: