Tuesday, April 28, 2009

India Earrings

So, I went down to my studio, having forgotten the materials for what I wanted to do, I ended up making some earrings.

I love making earrings. They come together so quickly, and are a great medium for playing with color and combination. With my new mission of embracing my creative side, I can make all the earrings I like, without worrying how I can possibly wear them all.

These are the first ones I made today. They are base metal and glass, the dangles are peacock blue glass with a sort of peacock feather eye on them. I like the spiky swirl in the center, which looks kind of like a trippy sun.
















This second pair also have a peacock blue dangle, although a smaller tear drop shape. The silver component mimics hammered silver.

















Clearly, I would benefit from figuring out how to take better pictures!

No comments: